Wednesday, July 16, 2008

888 Challenge

Again on Library Thing, I came across another reading challenge. This one more difficult but more interesting than the 50 Book Challenge.

It is entitled the 888 Challenge, because in the year 08, you have to read 8 books from 8 different categories. Which means 64 books in one year but you can have up to 8 books that span more than one category, thereby reducing the total to 56.

This is a bigger challenge, especially since its already July and as mentioned before I'd hardly read anything in the first part of the year. But I'm in.

I've picked my categories as follows:

1. 1001 Books to read before you die
2. Non-fiction
3. Fiction authors that are new to me
4. Crime & Detectives
5. As seen on Screen (books with films or television series)
6. Prize Winners and Nominees
7. Book Club reads
8. Books by authors whose other books I've enjoyed

I'll chart where I'm at in another post.

No comments: