Monday, July 14, 2008

50 Book Challenge

Now we come to it. One of the main reasons for setting up a reading blog.

I've got myself involved in a challenge on the Library Thing website. The challenge is to read 50 books in one year. (Actually you can set your own target but that is the name of the group and the most common challenge). Since I'd couldn't count 10 books that I'd read before July, I thought I'd give it a go.

So I've started this challenge in July so have until next July to read 50 books. If I continue at the rate I've been reading recently, this won't be too difficult, but life often gets in the way and I'm likely to get distracted by something else. So I thought I'd track my progress here.

1. The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett
2. The Naming of the Dead - Ian Rankin
3. Glyph - Percival Everett
4. The Big Blowdown - George P Pelecanos
5. Post Office - Charles Bukowski


5 down, 45 to go.

No comments: