Friday, September 5, 2008

Book Award Challenge

I thought I'd sign up to the Book Award Challenge too.

Rules:

  • Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
  • You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
  • Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
  • You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
  • 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.

This does overlap with my 888 challenge but is over a different timescale.

I'm already doing Prize Wiinners and Nominees as part of the 888 challenge, but so far that is dominated by the Booker prize and having nominees in there makes it easier.

It will definitely include the Man Booker Prize, the Pulitzer Prize and The Guardian First Book Award. It will perhaps also included the Crime Writers Association "Daggers" awards and the Orange Prize.

I'm not sure I can face the Bad Sex in Fiction Award winners, but I am drawn to the "Bookseller/Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year" although I'm not so sure how easy these books will be to obtain (and I would definitely sound silly asking for them).

No comments: